Judo is an exciting and dynamic Olympic sport and now practiced in almost every country in the world.
Judo Tasmania is the governing body for the sport of Judo in Tasmania and is supported by the Judo Australia, Australian Sports Commission and Tasmania Department of Sport & Recreation.
Judo is more than a sport providing participants with a physical and moral education system based on mutual respect and welfare.
Judo Tasmania Inc. welcomes all past and new prospective members to join our growing membership and become an active participant (social, competitor or official) in the sport of JUDO.
Membership with Judo Tasmania provides the benefits of:
- Affiliation with the Australian Olympic Committee and International Judo Federation (IJF) allowing qualified representation at Olympic and Paralympic Games, World Championships and other internationally recognised IJF World Tour events.
- Membership with the Judo Australia and Oceania Judo Union allowing qualified representation at National and Continental Union events.
- Member benefits of an organisation that promotes a fair, safe, drug free environment for its members. This includes values and practises promoted and funded by the Australian Sports Commission including; National Coaching Accreditation, Member Protection, and Anti Doping.
- Access to funded High Performance, National Talent Identification and Junior Development Programs for elite athletes promoting optimal athlete performance at international level.
- Participation in technical courses and training camps promoting best practise coaching and training strategies delivered by a range of internationally recognised judo experts.
- Member policy and support programs ensuring standards expected in Australian society are state and nationally focussed; Competition Sporting Codes, Grading policy and procedures, Refereeing standards, Member Protection policy and procedures to deal fairly with conflict resolution issues.
- Access to the judotasmania.org.au and national websites to keep you informed about judo news, event calendars, tournament results, policies and procedures.
- Access to Judo Tasmania and national judo publications and merchandise.
- Access to a national insurance program providing extensive liability and personal accident coverage for member clubs and individuals.
Please view our Website for activity information at: judotasmania.org.au